We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Student Counselor
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Marketing and Promoting PFL institutions to prospective students
- Develop and initiate student recruitment strategies that will have good return on investment.
- Identify opportunities, develop plans and initiate alliances that will strengthen the PFL brand and ensure with relevant organizations including scholarship bodies.
- Counsel and provide up-to-date information and choices available to prospective students
- Maintain full update on all PFL partner institutions regarding courses, materials and procedures
- Ensure constant communication with enquirers and walk in clients.
- Achieve agreed targets for each intake
- Provide timely and accurate updates to regarding student recruitment activities.
- Provide appropriate counselling to prospective applicants on suitable courses and study options at the University/College.
- Conversion of all prospective clients – ensuring clients register
- Provide overall excellent service to all clients
- Update and provide weekly reports to the Branch Manager on student status, application, enquiries and registrations
- Provide full visa counselling guidance for registered applicants
- Processing and forwarding clients applications to institutions of choice
- Inform Branch Manager of any delay regarding applications from different universities
- Meet with students and sponsors to ensure appropriate requirements for course applications are met.
- Provide comprehensive support service to applicants during the application and conversion process
- Using CRM operations to log-on applications to institutions for monitoring, follow-up and conversion
- Handle general enquires for all PFL divisions
- Any other related task that may be assigned
Experience and Qualifications
- A first degree from a reputable tertiary institution with the demonstration of key skills required at degree level – essential
- Experience of working in international education – essential
- Marketing experience especially in international education – Required
- Considerable experience in a customer facing role – essential
- Experience in an administrative role – essential
- Knowledgeable and widely read
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent organisational skills – essential
- Good report writing and analytical skills – essential
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite – essential
- Knowledge of international higher education – essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – essential
- Working knowledge of marketing principles and the local market terrain – desirable
- Confident and professional demeanor
- Positive and flexible attitude
- Organised and methodical approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Application Closing Date
20th April, 2018
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.