IESL provides clients with engineering expertise throughout the project lifecycle, from feasibility studies and scope documents to design conceptualization, construction management and post-construction evaluation. Our objective is to provide integrated, client-driven consulting engineering and design solutions that help companies attain a competitive edge in the market.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Projects HSE Engineer
Location: Bonny, Rivers
- To support the operationalisation of an effective level-i HSE Management System & risk controls and provide complete HSE support to NLNG’s Project Organization to enable the Front-End, Execution and Major Projects Contractors to effectively implement all HSE critical processes & Integrated Safe Systems of Work (ISSoW) throughout the Project Phases resulting in an injury and loss project delivered within Cost, Schedule, Quality plans.
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Development of Front End implementation and governance/assurance strategies including but not limited to contractor management, risk management,health management and construction pack development.
- Develop project HSE Activity Plans through determination of appropriate fit for purpose and risk based front end HSE execution application in conjunction with relevant technical teams (PTF, PTS, PTP, HSEI1, etc.).
- Support Asset project Development teams with the development of HSE specific requirements for PEP (Project Execution Plan), Project Execution Strategy (PES) PDP (Project design Premise), BID etc.
- Develop appropriate HSE execution, implementation and contracting strategies aligned with front-end application for both Project Early works and construction execution.
- Lead/participate and integrate outputs of design constructability reviews, HAZOPS, Construction and design HAZIDs, applicable audits, reviews and incident investigations etc. into project specific Construction HSE plans.
- Assist catalog projects with reviews and revisions to project HSE planning processes, procedures and practices as required.
- Support the Operationalization of HSE Critical Processes (PTW, MOC, etc.) and ISSoW (JHA, TBT, LOTO, CSE, Unsafe Acts Auditing — HSEW, PSFO, QA/QC Walkabouts, etc.) across NLNG’s Projects Organization and support the Front-End, Execution and Major Project contractor teams at the frontline (coal face) to ensure consistent and unrelenting application of processes and tools in day-to-day work,
- Assist in providing integrated or organized HSE risk management support (including hazard identification and assessment, developing and operationalizing Construction HSE requirements and contributing to Layout Reviews, Human Factors Engineering, Health Risk Assessments, SIMOPS, HSE lmpact Assessment as part of the Hazards and Effects Management Process) across the full life cycle of Projects to ensure project are delivered in line with HSE targets.
- Develop local capacity by direct coaching and supervision to the growing PP HSE team on various HEMP tools/techniques to deliver on HSE deliverables to the various Project teams.
- Responsible for project HEMP work and provide support, challenge, governance and expert advice, relating to Technical Integrity, HSE Case development during the Define, Design and Execute phases of the asset life cycle including the hazard and risk management of potential major accidents.
- Providing guidance on how to implement mandatory risk controls, assess (and escalate where appropriate) requests for exception to mandatory risk controls, track approved exceptions.
- Coordination of the HEMP studies to support Project HSE Case development including but not limited to: HAZOPs; HAZID5; HRA; Release and exhaust gas dispersion; Fire, Gas Dispersion and explosion analyses; Escape Evacuation and Rescue Assessment (EERA); Drop Object studies; Cumulative Risk Assessment; QRA; Bowties development; ALARP Demonstration etc.
- A University degree in Engineering
- 5-8 years post-graduation experience with 3-4 years in either of HEMP Engineer, Technical Safety Engineer and Project HSE
Engineer or similar roles in the oil and gas industry.
- Prior experience in Front End Engineering is required to create opportunity for FEL and seamless transition of projects from pre-DG3 to execution phase.
Application Closing Date
17th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
- Any false information provided during or after the application process will lead to the outright disqualification of such candidate(s).