We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Corrosion Engineer
Req ID: Req-1387
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Manage planning and execution of Corrosion Inspection activities for all JV Field Operation in Offshore and Onshore locations.
- Define/review the Corrosion Management document which describes the organization, responsibilities and accountabilities, tasks, programs, procedures and guidelines.
- Prepare/ implement preventive actions for corrosion mitigation i.e. engineering, physical and chemical treatments, cathodic protection, metallic or non-metallic material selection, painting & coating and process modification.
- Perform corrosion studies with the aim of ascertaining or improving the integrity of production facilities.
- Investigate and analyze facility malfunctions vis-à-vis integrity requirements from the stand point of corrosion
- evolutions and in liaison with the Inspection Engineers, propose solutions to reduce corrosion velocity and prevent repetitions of the problem, and report same to the Inspection Manager.
- Work in liaison with Operation team and/or accredited third party as may be directed by the Inspection Manager to plan, schedule, and execute corrosion surveys/studies, and recommend necessary remedial actions.
- Contribute in defining external resources requirement for the Corrosion Department.
- Feed and update Company databases requiring corrosion expertise input like Fame +.
- Liaise with construction teams to review and recommend corrosion mitigating measures in the early phases of engineering and during the project execution phase.
- Define the scope of work, budget, and planning for corrosion monitoring, cathodic protection, painting and prevention campaigns.
- Prepare corrosion methods, management systems, tools, planning, contracts and cost control of corrosion activities.
- Prepare / implement corrosion monitoring activities, i.e. follow up chemical injection rates, cathodic protection, coupons and corrosion probes, ER probes, chemical analysis, bacterial counts.
- Review corrosion monitoring and inspection results regularly and assess together in view of providing a global evaluation of integrity. In this case, study laboratory and treatment reports in relation to asset inspection and integrity management.
- Propose new chemical treatments or adjustments in the existing ones.
- Prepare and follow cathodic protection monitoring and surveys: scope of work, call for tender, execution follow up, interpretation of results.
- B.Sc.in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Material & Metallurgy Engineering).
- Higher qualification in Corrosion Engineering (MSc or NACE Snr Corrosion Technologist).
- 15 years experience in corrosion engineer’s functions, preferably in the oil and petrochemical industry, at least 3 of which must be in a general asset inspection management position.
- Excellent communication and negotiation.
- Computer literacy.
- Cathodic Protection and or Coating Inspectors Certification by a recognized body (i.e. BGas / NACE) would be an advantage.
- Mechanical Engineer, Metallurgy & Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineer, BSc, MS Office, MS Power Point, Oil & Gas, Operations.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online