We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programmes Officer
- The programme officer is to support the work of Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD-West Africa) in the North East towards peacebuilding, countering violent extremism, good governance and protection of human rights.
- The candidate will assist programmes staff in Abuja with research, planning, programming, evaluation and reporting of programme activities in Borno and Yobe States.
- S/he will also provide support for the development of new initiatives and ideas and most importantly engage and work with local actors in the focus states to achieve the organisation’s broader goal of promoting healthy and productive relationship amongst diverse actors in the Northeast as well as peaceful and secured society.
The programmes officer will work closely with and report to a Senior Programmes Officer in Abuja Office to deliver on the duties and responsibilities below:
- Provide support for the implementation of peacebuilding, transitional justice and countering violent extremism projects in the Northeast Nigeria;
- Provide support for convening and facilitation of meetings, trainings and other events in the Northeast Nigeria
- Provide support with research, planning, managing and reporting activities in the Northeast Nigeria;
- Provide daily update on political, economic, social and security developments in the Northeast;
- Provide logistics and administrative support to the work of the organisation in the Northeast Nigeria; and
- Support any other CDD’s office activities in Borno and Yobe state working with other programme officers.
Application Closing Date
7th June, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter, Resume and referees contact details (in one document) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only Electronically submitted applications will be entertained. Scanned applications will be disregarded.
- Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant and Job Title of position applied for e.g. Sylvester Brown, Programme Officer
- Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview.
- We are an equal opportunity employer of labour committed to feminist principles, human rights and fundamental freedoms. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.