We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: M&E State Coordinator
- The State Coordinator is responsible for the management of all research and monitoring activities for an emergency intervention programme in the state, including implementation, resource mobilization and management, partnership framework, dissemination and evaluation.
- He/she directly supervises all monitors and coordinates the monitoring activities in the state.
- Ensuring that all of the monitoring activities are planned in line with relevant project and program objectives and with the partner’s research cycle and other relevant guidelines;
- Ensure that monitoring activity ToRs are understood and used by monitors, and updated as required; Compose and construct, in close coordination with the partner, qualitative and quantitative data collection tools;
- Ensure engagement of GIS team on GIS requirements of research cycle/ monitoring activities;
- Keep track of progress and delays of all assigned assessment throughout the research cycle. Ensure that delays or identified challenges for specific assessments are reported in writing and orally in a timely manner;
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders and partners in assessment design and planning;
- Ensure that required enumerators are identified and trained for primary data collection;
- Monitor data collection, ensuring its correct implementation in line with agreed TORs;
- Ensure that the project manager is alerted to any issues that prevents full implementation of the methodology in line with the agreed TORs; and ensure that all changes to the methodology are documented throughout implementation;
- Ensure logistics, financial, administration, security protocols and HR processes directly related to data collection activities have been appropriately implemented and coordinated with the relevant stakeholders/departments;
- Coordinate team members’ travel to the field and ensure field teams have relevant and timely access to all necessary information, equipment and support;
- Ensure regular situation updates on data collection have been produced and communicated to the project manager and partner. Provide support and follow up on identified challenges during the data collection process;
- Ensure the drafting of timely and accurate assessment outputs (i.e. reports, factsheets, etc.), which comply with relevant guidelines and quality standards;
- Ensure that lessons learned are gathered and documented throughout the life of the research cycle.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Excellent academic qualifications, including a Master degree in relevant discipline;
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in humanitarian settings such as research, evaluation, assessments and programmes;
- Field/humanitarian experiences needed, in monitoring and evaluation, NGOs, or other similar relevant sector.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting;
- Excellent team management skills;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Past experience in the Northeast or specific state of choice is desirable;
- Ability to operate with Microsoft Word, Excel and Project Management Software;
- Ability to work independently and manage people remotely
- Ability to communicate effectively in Hausa and English is a must. Kanuri is and added advantage
Application Closing Date
27th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes and Cover Letter (detailing why you are qualified for this position) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “M&E (state of choice) State Coordinator” in the email subject line.