We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, with frequent travel to Abuja
As part of our activities in Nigeria, we are looking for a Logistics Coordinator in Abuja:
- The logistics coordinator is responsible for the smooth functioning of logistics on the mission. He/She makes sure the resources which are necessary for carrying out the programmes are available and actively participates in the mission’s safety management.
- Safety: He/She assists the Head of Mission with safety management. He/She is directly responsible of the daily, concrete aspects of the mission’s safety management.
- Supplies: He/She coordinates supplies and deliveries for projects and for the bases. He/She guarantees that PUI’s procedures and logistical tools are in place and are respected.
- Fixed equipment: He/She is responsible of the management of computer equipment, tele/radiocommunication equipment and for the mission’s energy supply.
- Car park: He/She is responsible of the management of the car park (availability, safety, maintenance etc), for the smooth functioning of the mission and the realization of activities in accordance with the available budget.
- Functioning of the bases: He/She supports the teams in case of redeployment/installation/rehabilitation/ closing of bases.
- Representation: He/She represents the organization amongst partners, authorities and different local actors involved in the logistics and the safety of the mission.
- Coordination: He/She consolidates and communicates logistics information at the heart of the mission to headquarters and also coordinates internal and external logistics reports.
- Do not hesitate to look at the job description below for all the details you need.
- Bioforce/ Bac + 2 to + 5 – in logistics (purchases, transport etc)
- Min. 2 year of humanitarian experience in logistic coordination.
- Experience in security management.
- Familiarity with stock procedure, car park management, telecommunications, etc
- Familiarity with the procedures of institutional backers (OFDA, ECHO, AAP, UN agencies,etc)
- Mastery of techniques such as communication, energy, electricity and computer technology
- Good writing skills
Knowledge and Skills:
- Independence, an ability to take the initiative and a sense of responsibility
- Good resistance to stress
- Sense of diplomacy and negotiation
- Good analysis and discernment capacities
- Organization and priority management
- Adaptability to changing priorities
- Pragmatism, objectivity and an ability to take a step back and analyze
- Ability to make suggestions
- Sense of involvement
- Trustworthiness and rigor
- Capacity to delegate and to supervise the work of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to remain calm and level-headed
- General ability to resist stress and particularly in unstable circumstances
Employed with a 6 months Fixed-Term Contract.
Remuneration and Benefits
- Monthly gross income: from 1 980 up to 2 310 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI.
- Cost covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accommodation
- Daily living Expenses (« Per diem »)
- Break Policy: 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy: 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (Resume and Cover Letter) to “Romain Gautier, Recruitment and Careers Manager, at: email@example.com with the following subject: “LogCo-Nigeria”