We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Counsel
Req I D: Req-1205
- Undertake legal research and provide advisory legal opinions to relevant Company Departments on a wide range of issues including fiscal and finance matters, commercial issues, labour related matters, interpretation of Nigerian legislation, contractual obligations etc.
- Provide legal support to Company (DW District) via analysis of legal risks and possible impact on potential transactions.
- Provide legal and contractual support to the Company’s Asset departments/project teams in all matters including in its liaison with co-venturers, as applicable.
- Attend court and liaise with external counsel (and where applicable, CoVs legal representatives) with respect to litigation, arbitration, tax appeals and any other dispute resolution proceedings involving the Company and the pre-litigation phases.
- Serve as Company’s representative during negotiations of various unitisations involving Company
- Provide legal support to Contract Engineers in the Contracts & Procurement Department in the adaption of existing contract templates to align with evolving regulatory and administrative requirements and also deal with exceptions and variations to contract terms raised by prospective contractors.
- Prepare and draft agreements / contracts and follow through their implementation.
- Handle routine legal dossiers and occasionally, averagely complex legal dossiers with supervision and participate in negotiations with Company’s partners, contractors and relevant government agencies
- Provide legal support for treasury operations including drafting/review of banking service agreements, performance bonds, guarantees and credit facility agreements.
- Provide legal support to the Non- Operated Assets, Gas Assets & Commercial Departments
- Carry out any other tasks or activities assigned by the Legal Manager, DW or the General Counsel
- HSE, Legal Counsel, LL.B; B.L, BSc, Engineering, EPC, Oil & Gas, Operations
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online