Job Title: Junior Sous Chef
- The junior Sous Chef assists the Executive Sous Chef.
- The person occupying this position is directly in charge of all the other members of the kitchen staff.
- The sous chef requires both culinary and managerial skills.
- Ensure consistent and smooth running of food production
- Ensure that required standards are adhered to in the production and preparation of food – in quality, quantity and safety.
- Work towards exceeding customer’s expectation by encouraging and promoting high level of service.
- Supervise performance of kitchen staff to ensure proper activity.
- Give appropriate support or guidance to members of kitchen when need arises.
- Ensure all dishes are prepared according to specification and served at the correct quality, portion size, and temperature.
- Ensure proper arrangement and garnishing of food.
- Manage food logs and monitor the quality and quantity of food prepared.
- Ensure effective stock purchase, its receipt and storage.
- Ensure all complaints, inquiries, and suggestions by customers are attended to accordingly.
- Must have Passion for food: someone who enjoys the process of food preparation and creating menus.
- Ability to pay attention to details: adherence to specific ingredients and measurement needed for various menus.
- Ability to maintain a high level of hygiene and cleanliness in the restaurant area
- Proven 2 – 3 years relevant experience in a 5 – star hotel or restaurant.
- Ability to work with figures and manage budget.
- Must Possess strong management and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Opera and Micros
- Must be willing to work within Kano
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org