Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS is a global leader in agricultural livelihoods programming, and promotes resilience building in impoverished, disaster-affected, and climate change-impacted areas around the world. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently works in 32 of Nigeria’s 36 states, focusing on agriculture and livelihoods, health, and emergency programming.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions below:
1. Markets Program Manager
- Master’s Degree in international development or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience working within international development or humanitarian aid, including direct experience in fast paced emergency environments
- Experience managing project implementation and community-based field teams, with experience in and technical knowledge of cash and markets-based humanitarian programming and CaLP standards strongly preferred
- Experience conducting market and needs assessments, beneficiary registration, in-kind distributions, social mobilization, and monitoring and evaluation in emergency situations preferred
- Excellent computer skills including complex data management and analysis with Excel, with experience using cash and asset transfer systems (RedRose, Segovia) and other database software preferred
- Ability to work independently and flexibly to respond to needs as they arise, but also to coordinate effectively as part of a team
- Ability to lead a multi-cultural team with a high level of respect for local culture
- Strong analytical, organizational, management, and leadership skills.
- Experience with capacity strengthening and partnership building
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, with Hausa or Kanuri a plus
- Experience in working with grants funded by USAID and UN Agencies preferred
- Ability and willingness to work and live in diverse, challenging and potentially insecure environments, adhering to strict security protocols
Required Foreign Language:
- Fluent English. Hausa or Kanuri a plus.
- Travel within Nigeria, frequent vehicle travel to project sites
- This position is based in Maiduguri, Borno State, with frequent travel to Damaturu, Yobe State.
- CRS will provide accommodation in a guest house or approved hotel.
2. Emergency Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Coordinator
- Master’s Degree in a field related to International Development, Research or Social Sciences or equivalent relevant experience and Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in a project management position involving MEAL responsibilities with an international NGO
- Strong knowledge of principles and current approaches to MEAL of development programs using both quantitative and qualitative methods, especially those of USAID
- Knowledge with beneficiary accountability mechanisms and ability to implement these
- Proficiency in database development/management, and skills in analyzing, interpreting and communicating data and information to various stakeholders
- Strong experience in conducting assessments and surveys
- Experience with facilitation, capacity strengthening and partnership building, with the capacity to empower staff through opportunities for growth & development
- Experience contributing to the development of technical proposals
- Supervisory experience and management and team building skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Flexibility to work both in a team and independently
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Excellent self-motivation skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Power BI, Web Conferencing Applications, ICT4D software ad devices, information management systems.
- Experience living and working, preferably in an emergency context
- Willingness to be based in rural North-East Nigeria and travel to field locations
- Familiarity with Red Rose One System preferred
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
- Cultural sensitivity, patience and flexibility
- Demonstrated personal accountability and driven to serve others
- Required/Desired Foreign Language: English fluency, including excellent oral and written skills, required.
3. Technical Specialist
M.B.B.S., with a Masters’ Degree in Public Health or related field is strongly preferred.
At least 3 years’ post-NYSC clinical experience working in HIV/AIDS management with significant program management responsibilities.
Demonstrated ability to manage a project in an HIV/AIDS service delivery setting, including working with government authorities.
Proven experience working with partner organizations in both the public and private sectors.
Working knowledge of and experience with GF or USG projects will be an advantage.
Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills
Ability to interface with multiple stakeholders, representatives, and partners in a professional manner on an ongoing basis.
Excellent analytical and information seeking skills, good decision-making skills.
Experience with participatory planning and evaluation methods preferred.
Excellent English language- oral and written communication skills.
Proficiency in MS Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.