We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Officer – Sanitation Marketing
Location: Monguno, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
- The position is based in Borno State and directly supervised by the Sector Manager-WASH.
- The WASH Officer conducts detailed and evidence based research study on sanitation marketing, identify and train community volunteers and local artisans on WASH activities.
Task and Responsibilities
- Develop sanitation marketing strategy and maintain regular contact with various stakeholders.
- Conduct community mobilization on sanitation marketing related activities.
- Collaborate with consultant on market survey, identify goals and develop a market plan.
- Organize meetings with community members to develop their knowledge in terms of the approach.
- Inform and sensitize the communities on WASH program implementation.
- Identification and sensitization of local artisans on various designs and construction.
- Develop inventory of trained artisans in each community including participating in vendors’ selection.
- Support the implementation of CLTS in the various communities in relation to sanitation marketing.
- Collaborate with community mobilizers in the implementation of behaviour change communication strategy in relation to sanitation marketing.
- A degree in Engineering, Hydrology, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Building, Social Science, Public Health and other related fields.
- Minimum of I year relevant working experience in implementing CLTS and sanitation marketing.
- Excellent organization and reporting skills.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office and designing software Skills (Auto CAD, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Be willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Be fluent in Hausa and English.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy.
Application Closing Date
28th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Advert may close before due date once we receive applications from qualified candidates
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.