We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
- The M&E Assistant will be directly under the supervision of the M&E Technical Adviser.
- He/ She will be responsible for data gathering, collation and reporting activities of the Humanitarian multi-sectoral Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) program at community (LGA) level.
- The incumbent will assist in tracking progress of key indicators and provide timely report to the M&E Officer.
- The M&E Assistant provides support to the M&E Officer and M&E DPM in the design, planning, monitoring and evaluation of the program by managing data and facilitating program implementation monitoring at LGA level, under the guidance and direct supervision of the M&E Officer and DPM
- Quantify methods and identify data sources for program performance and impact indicators, in conjunction with respective program component teams (WASH & FSL).
- Assist in conducting project baseline, end line and progress surveys, ensuring appropriate sample size and sampling survey methods, data collection procedures, and data verification through periodic site visits.
- Ensure proper monitoring of implementation of the program, focusing on overall M&E framework of the program at LGA level.
- Present and analyze data based on information needs of project team and partners and support in data base management.
- Complete and submit monthly report.
- Under guidance of M&E Officer work in a close collaboration with the FSL & DPM program team in the LGA (whenever required) for resolving complex programme-related issues and information delivery.
- Collaborate with government partners to ensure the smooth implementation of the program delivery.
- Assist the FSL & WASH program team in terms of selecting the beneficiaries of NFI & Cash Transfer as per the established procedure.
- Assist the FSL & WASH program team in selecting the Community Volunteers to facilitate the process of beneficiaries’ selection.
- Monitor the progress of disseminating the ACF Principles within the beneficiaries’ community by the program team.
- Bachelor’s in Economics, Rural Development, Business, Administration, Statistics, Demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 1 year M&E related work experience
- Experience in data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing (Mobile Data Collection a strong advantage)
- Commitment to and understanding of ACF aims, values and principles
- Professional, good organizational capacity, good human relationships and team spirit, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous M&E experience.
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy.
- Previous experience with ACF.
- Previous humanitarian programming experience.
Application Closing Date
18th May, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope. For example, “Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant -Yobe”.
- Also note that applications will be processed on First Come First Served basis and any application received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted. Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply