We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Sector Investment Analyst – PIFD1
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 5009458
- The Vice Presidency for Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization is central to the Bank’s mission of developing the private sector, improving infrastructure and accelerating industrialization.
- The complex main functions are to:
- Strengthen the enabling environment for private sector [and financial sector] development conducive to inclusive growth and sustainable development,
- Support the development of reliable and sustainable infrastructure, including cities and urban development, and
- Place renewed emphasis on industrial and trade performance in support of structural transformation across Africa.
- The Complex leverages knowledge, co-financing, and partnerships to attract private capital and work with governments on delivering the Bank’s development agenda.
The Hiring Department
- The primary role of the Financial Sector Development (FSD) Department is to help the Regional Member Countries (RMCs) increase the reach, depth, and breadth of their financial systems, while safeguarding financial stability.
- The Department has four long-term objectives: (i) development of a vibrant private sector through an inclusive access by households and enterprises to financial services; (ii) strengthening markets participants; (iii) developing efficient capital markets, and (iv) deepening regional financial integration.
- Paired with other Industrialization, infrastructure and Private Sector complex departments, the FSD Department is responsible for implementing the Bank Group’s Financial Sector Development Policy and Strategy 2014-2019 (FSDPS) towards vibrant, innovative, robust and competitive financial systems, both national and regional, and in both the public and private sector levels of RMCs.
- FSD plays a transversal role across the Bank’s five strategic priorities, applying its financial deepening and access tool kit to the High Five (H5) agenda. Fundamentally, the scalability and policy momentum inherent in the H5 agenda create an important opportunity for expanded relevance of the FSD core skill-set: flexible financing instruments and delivery frameworks for financial inclusion, smart resource mobilization and capital markets development.
- FSD leverages partnerships to bring about greater developmental impact in financial sector development.
- The Financial Inclusion and Intermediation Division focuses on promoting innovative financial and non-financial products and services that are responsive to the needs of Bank’s clients in a bit to boost and increase access to finance and financial services by private enterprises including African SMEs, as well as other underserved sectors and populations.
- The Division’s work thus focuses on financial intermediation and related operations to enhance of FIs capacity to support Bank priority areas including infrastructure, agribusiness, women businesses, SMEs, etc in line with the Bank’s Ten Year Strategy and the High Five Priorities of the AfDB (Light up and power Africa, Feed Africa, Industrialize Africa, Integrate Africa, and Improve the quality of life for the people of Africa) in order to accelerate Africa’s economic transformation.
The Investment Analyst will be responsible for:
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of the SME Program approvals against the Program’s key performance indicators. Progress will be reported on a regular basis to various stakeholders and captured in formal progress reports. (S)he will also prepare or assist in updates for the Board on program implementation.
- Provide analysis for Senior Management on investments and their related development outcomes
- Support, develop and co-lead the due diligence approval and financial closure of Financial Sector projects as well as provide technical support and inputs to diverse areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
New Business Development:
- Support investment officers and Bank staff in the deal flow development of good quality investment pipeline for the Bank’s financial sector assistance, focusing on the Africa Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) program, through client outreach, marketing and deal screening.
- This will include anticipating market trends and employing sector/country/regional knowledge; (S)he will also engage with various task managers and other staff in AfDB offices and will conduct market research with a view to develop a strong pipeline of SME program transactions;
Coordination of Technical Assistance:
- Working closely with the TA provider, launch requests for specific assignments, review TA needs assessments and track the implementation of TA programs.
- The staff should also initiate and coordinate the engagement of E&S and IDD consultants if and where required.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- The staff will track the progress of the SME Program approvals against the Program’s key performance indicators.
- Progress will be reported on a regular basis to various stakeholders and captured in formal progress reports.
- (S)he will also prepare or assist in updates for the Board on program implementation;
- The staff should lead the effective implementation of the Program website and the operation of the back-office system including the uploading of information by (potential) clients.
- (S)he has to maintain the website application system and feedback and market communication.
- (S)he will be required to prepare and issue press releases related to Program approvals, presentations and communiques on the Program and to organize and coordinate press events.
- (S) he introduces the program to various Bank field offices and undertakes communications to other internal and to external parties, the latter in view of developing (co-financing and other possible) partnerships;
- The staff serves as the focal point within the AfDB for questions related to the Africa SME Program.
- (S)he is also required to maintain Program files on a central platform and to ensure all Program outputs (include TA reports and TA products) are collected and appropriately filed.
External Liaison and Knowledge Sharing:
- Nurture and build relationships with FIs including banks, equity funds, Development finance Institution (DFIs), Micro finance Institutions (MFIs) and other financial sector actors in the region and beyond as well as with other relevant development partners, investors and government authorities and entities;
- Contribute to the documentation of lessons learned from Financial Sector operations and emerging best practices in areas of expertise;
- Provide peer review to other colleagues to share industry knowledge and information on financial sector;
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least have a Master’s Degree or equivalent, in business administration, accounting, finance, or related fields;
- Have a minimum of four (4) years of professional experience in the financial sector;
- Experience in MDB’s (Multilatéral development bank ) project life cycle;
- Excellent modelling and analysis skills;
- Thorough understanding with financial services institutions, capital markets and treasury products;
- Multi-disciplinary strategic orientation experiences, business awareness and ability to develop action oriented plans;
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills;
- Ability to contribute to sound decisions and contribute to the execution of the decisions
- Excellent problem solving capabilities, applies business knowledge to the resolution of problems and identifies solutions to the benefit of the client (internal and external) and the organization.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and time management skills
- Proven ability to work with limited supervision and efficiently to deliver under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Willingness to travel extensively and geographic flexibility;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint),
Application Closing Date
1st June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online