We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Officer
Location: Bade, Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
- The Finance and Administrative Officer will be based in Bade, Yobe state and report to the Area Project Manager
- He/she will manage the cash/bank and the accountancy of the base, budget maintenance, cash forecast and cash flow
- The Finance and Admin Officer will also provide administrative support to the HR department in various aspects of the recruitment process as well as staff training and development.
Task and Responsibilities
The task and responsibilities includes but are not limited to:
- Ensure bank books & cash book are closed, reconciled & sent to capital on monthly basis together with the bank reconciliation & cash counts.
- Ensure compliance with the mission’s procurement procedure.
- Verify & cross check all base monthly financial documents are correctly allocated & completed as per Action Against Hunger Archiving guidelines.
- Archive financial files, keep copies at the base & send original to capital on monthly basis
- Maintain cash, bank, supplier contracts, PAYE, vendor and all other finance relevant contracts in finance department.
- Maintain a database of all staff information, documents, expiration dates, etc.
- Provide administrative support for pension and salary account openings or changes.
- Be the focal point for dissemination of documents to the field offices.
- Maintain all Action Against Hunger communication boards.
- Process the monthly income tax payments (PAYE) as well as monthly pension for the base as per information provided by capital office.
- Manage the advances, ensuring invoices received are consistent with the Action Against Hunger procedures (invoice accurate and signed).
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least a Bachelor’s in Accounting, Management, Finance, or related field. MBA or similar higher Degree a plus with minimum of 2 years experience in one or more of the following areas: Administration, HR, Finance, Logistics.
- Have exceptional organization and planning skills, ability to manage and follow work plans
- Have interpersonal, ability to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player.
- Have good communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style to different situations and individuals.
- Have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and other financial related software.
- Be able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various logistics and other team needs.
- Ability to communicate in English and other local languages.
- Be committed to Action Against Hunger values and charter.
Application Closing Date
23rd April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Advert may close before due date once we receive applications from qualified candidates
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.