We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Post Level: SB-2
Starting Date: 2nd July, 2018.
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Contract Duration: Initial duration of one year
Expected Duration of Assignment: One Year
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide reliable and secure driving services:
- Drive office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel;
- Deliver and collect mail, documents and other items to Government – Offices/Embassies/Commercial Establishments/ UN Offices;
- Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport, including visa and customs formalities arrangements when required;
- Verify that all passengers wear seatbelts at all times in the vehicle;
- Ensure all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents;
- Ensure vehicle comply with the Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS).
Provide proper use of vehicle:
- Ensure cost-saving by driving responsibly;
- Maintain daily vehicle logs, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil change, servicing, greasing, repairs;
- Provide inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Provide day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle:
- Ensure that the official vehicle is kept clean and is always in good working condition;
- Make minor repairs and make arrangements for major repairs;
- Change oil, check tires, lights horn, clutch and brakes and wash car regularly;
- Ensure that vehicles comply with Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS).
Maintain and ensure availability of all required documents/supplies:
- Maintain and ensure availability of all required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
Provide general administrative and logistic support as needed:
- Assist office staff in filing, photocopying and maintaining required records;
- Assist in the mailing and distribution of publications and payments of bills, as required.
Key Performance Indicators
- Quality and timely driving services; safe and on-time;
- Quality care and maintenance of vehicle;
- Timely inputs to logs and records.
Required Skills and Experience
Education / Certification:
- Secondary Education; a valid driver’s license, and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations;
- At least 3-5 years of experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system;
- Experience driving high profile dignitaries;
- History of a safe driving record;
- Experience driving a 4X4 vehicles in rough terrain.
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Excellent driving skills;
- Good knowledge of driving rules and regulations, local roads and conditions;
- Good defensive driving skills;
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs;
- Ability to be on time.
Application Closing Date
25th May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online