We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
- The Deputy Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Manager will play a key role in supporting the M&E Manager in the accountability and quality control of AAH’s WASH, Nutrition, and Food Security projects in Yobe State, Nigeria with frequent field schedules.
- The Deputy M&E Manager will report to the M&E Manager and also in line to the M&E Regional Coordinator who will be the Technical Supervisor.
Task and Responsibilities
- Assist to lead the operationalisation of M&E systems for AAH programs to ensure compliance with donor and AAH M&E standards.
- Ensure proper and timely implementation of AAH M&E tools, activities and surveys.
- Support beginning of spatial analysis capabilities on AAH projects using GIS software.
- Support the utilization and learning from M&E systems at the project and mission-level.
- Effectively supervise M&E Officers and coordinate the M&E team under the supervision of the M&E Manager.
- Where appropriate, organize learning, knowledge sharing and capitalization workshops; proactively ensure knowledge is used in future program design.
- Ensure that lessons in planning, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and impact assessment are documented, shared and considered in the design of new projects and technical plans and are discussed during periodic program reviews and ultimately fed into current work and future program development.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree (preferred) in Humanitarian Affairs, International Development, Public Health, Epidemiology, Economics, or other Social/developmental sciences.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in the Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability of humanitarian or development programs.
- Proven ability to translate evaluated results into learning strategies
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating donor (i.e. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA) funded activities
- Skills on statistical and other software (MS Excel, SPSS, SPHINX, STATA, EPI Info, ENA for SMART, GIS, etc.)
- Experience in designing and leading internal and external evaluation
- Experience designing and leading capacity building and training for national teams
- Familiarity with Management Information Systems (Databases) and GIS
- Demonstrated knowledge of M&E concepts and international humanitarian quality standards
- Knowledge of project cycle management
Application Closing Date
25th April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online