We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant (Local Facilitator)
Location: North, Nigeria
- Facilitator will be based in North, Nigeria and will provide administrative and technical support to the USAID West Africa Reacting to Early Warning and Response Data (REWARD) project Country Risk and Vulnerability Assessment (CRVA) field mission in North, Nigeria and its surroundings.
- S/he will provide technical, administrative, and logistical support to the CRVA team.
- Send invitation letters (emails or hand to hand) to key Government Ministries, political and administrative authorities, Civil Society Organizations (CSO), International organizations, Non-governmental organization (NGOs) traditional and local authorities.
- Identify venues for meetings suitable for groups
- Facilitate meetings at designated times
- Facilitate the Focus Group Discussion and Key Informant Interviews if needed
- Facilitate access to key Government ministries, administrative authorities, Civil Society Organizations (CSO), International organizations, businesses, Non-governmental organization (NGOs) traditional and local authorities.
- Facilitate the REWARD team access to designated sites in the capital/Districts and regions
- Provide logistical supports to the REWARD team in making arrangement for transportation and accommodation.
- Serve as a guide to the team throughout its interaction with key stakeholders and local population in the capital and regional city and villages chosen by the REWARD team
- Perform administrative tasks as required by the REWARD team
- Provide cultural insights and feedback to REWARD team at internal meetings
- Provide interpretation and translation support to the team with interlocutor speaking local dialects.
- Coordinate logistics and pick-up time with drivers and the team (Including timely airport pick-ups/drop-off and regional travels)
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce a Consultancy Report
- The consultancy report should be submitted within fifteen (15) days of the end of the consultancy. The report should include at least:
- Overview and description of the activities performed under this consultancy
- Strengths and weaknesses of approach
- Key observations and recommendations for improvement
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Consultant will report to the Project Team, located in Washington, DC.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree – in Conflict Resolution, Public Administration, Business Administration, Public Policy, and/or a related field;
- Minimum 2 years of related international development experience in community development, conflict resolution, democracy and governance, human rights activities, and/or a related field;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel programs required;
- Capability to work individually and as a team to undertake tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues;
- Fluency in speaking, reading and writing in English required;
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes and a Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please make sure to put “Facilitator-North-Nigeria” in the subject of your email when applying for this position.
- Only finalists will be contacted.
- No phone calls please.
- Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.