We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party
Job ID: 18773
- FHI 360 seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Chief of Party on an anticipated USAID-funded project to improve the quality and effectiveness of high-impact, evidence-based HIV/AIDS interventions to meet state/LGA-specific goals and objectives.
- The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for the overall management and implementation of the project and report directly to the designated USAID Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR).
- S/he will supervise project implementation and ensure the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements.
- The proposed COP should possess excellent leadership and interpersonal qualities and should have extensive experience in public/international health.
- S/he should have experience managing similar projects with significant management responsibility with proven ability to work with partners including host country government officials as well as other donors and stakeholders.
- The proposed COP should have solid track record in managing the implementation of large scale programs with similar complexity.
- S/he should have solid technical knowledge in HIV/AIDS, infectious diseases (malaria and TB), maternal and child health, Health Systems Strengthening, Quality Improvement/ Quality Assurance etc.
- Availability of position is contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Develop and execute overall project strategy and work plan and achievement of project results.
- Direct and monitor implementation of activities within the work plan, ensuring that activities are performed to a high professional standard, effectively implemented and fulfill donor and the organization’s requirements.
- Oversee all technical assistance and administrative support activities under the program.
- Ensure that all program deliverables are met in a high quality and timely fashion.
- Ensure compliance with all donor- related, organization’s, and program-specific policies.
- Supervise and mentor all senior management staff.
- Provide managerial oversight to all project activities and partnerships, and ensure compliance with the organization’s and USG regulations.
- Oversee the sub-contract and sub- grant cycle from pre-award to close- out including solicitation processes, pre-award, award, monitoring and close-out of sub-awards based on donor regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Provide oversight for the project’s financial management systems and ensure that they are in line with the organization’s policies and procedures and donor rules and regulations.
- Oversees project budget development and undertake regular analysis of project expenditure, sub- awards and lead the preparation of budget amendments/modification for negotiation with donor.
- Recruit, supervise, mentor, and motivate project team which includes staff from the organization and international and national partners.
- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with federal government and regional entities to support project implementation.
- Maintain effective linkages between technical components, grants and finance and administrative functions within the project.
- Coordinate with other donor implementing partners on common objectives and activities, as needed.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree (or higher) preferred in Public Health or Medicine;
- At least 8-10 years’ experience in managing complex public health programs or programs of similar scope and size;
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language;
- Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience;
- Experience with USG rules and regulations;
- Experience operating in insecure environments.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online