They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Catering Manager
- Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for all food production including that used for restaurants, banquet functions and other outlets.
- You will develop menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Supervise staff. In addition, you will develop and monitor food and labor budget for the department while maintaining the highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
- Manage the food and beverage provision for functions and events
- Plan menus in consultation with chefs
- Recruit and train permanent and casual staff
- Organise, lead and motivate the catering team
- Plan staff shifts and rotas
- Ensure health and safety regulations are strictly observed
- Budget and establish financial targets and forecasts
- Monitor the quality of the product and service provided
- Maintain stock levels and order new supplies as required
- Interact with clients
- Liaise with suppliers and clients
- Assist in negotiations with clients, assess their requirements and ensure they’re satisfied with the service delivered (in contract catering)
- Ensure compliance with all fire, licensing and employment regulations
- Maximise sales and meet profit and financial expectations
- Directly supervise the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Ensure proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Evaluate food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Interact with all supervisors to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of customers and clients.
- Assist in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards.
- Evaluate purchases are of quality and price are consistently met.
- Establish and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Ensure all staff are trained and professional development opportunities arise for all kitchen staff.
- Ensure that representatives from the kitchen attend service lineups and meetings.
- Periodically visit outlets when to ensure quality of food service.
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
- Degree-qualified, you must have a minimum of three years’ experience in a similar position continuously in the food and beverage sector.
- You must have good administrative skills with excellent organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You must have basic IT and numerical Skills with ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages. Excellent problem-solving skills with good oral and written communication skills are required.
- You must be highly disciplined.
Application Closing Date
1st October, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]